Thursday, September 20, 2007

Elusive Little Birds

Some birds are small, twitchy and quick to flee. It's quite hard to get a good closeup of the smaller ones with a point-and-shoot, but I try anyway. Here are a few of them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is an olive-backed sunbird (Cinnyris jugularis). The little guys usually like to flit about near my window. Here is one of them resting on a wire.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This little pied fantail (Rhipidura javanica) just can't stay still. It's tough photographing him, even with faster shutter speeds. This is the best I've got so far, but I'll get a nice portrait of him yet.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This looks like a sandpiper, or a close relative. He ran along on the bank of the stream, evading my lens.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The little heron used to be an elusive bird to photograph, but nowadays they're practically posing for me. I think word got around in the heron community that they're becoming internet attractions, and now every heron wants to be in pictures. Go figure. What they don't know is that only twelve people read this blog, and thus their hopes and dreams of becoming famous via the interwebs aren't going to be realised.

No comments: