Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Birds In Trees

Sometimes, I like to look at the very tops of the trees to see if anything interesting is perched there. When I have my camera with me, I zoom up and take a picture if I see any birds.

Photobucket
On a bright Monday morning, I took this picture of a black-naped oriole while waiting to pick up visitors (the three French guys) from the guest house in USM.

Photobucket
I don't usually see Brahminy kites perched, so this picture is a rare treat. This is at maximum zoom, as the bird was quite a distance away (hence the picture quality isn't too great).

Photobucket
The same kite as seen from the side. It has pretty chestnut-coloured wings with black tips.

Photobucket
A chestnut-headed bee eater sits in the usual bee eater hangout tree.

Photobucket
I saw a whole bunch of coppersmith barbets! Now I know they like to gather at VC Rock

When taking this batch of photos, I took videos too. I will be making a documentary-type thing about the birds I've seen soon. Hopefully by January or February I can post it on the blog.

No comments: