Sunday, August 3, 2008

Return Of The Stork-Billed Kingfisher

For many months, William the stork-billed kingfisher that lived near the USM lakes was missing. I figured he left for greener pastures (or less green waters, considering what the USM lakes look like) but now he's back (or another one that looks just like it). Strangely, his return coincides a bit with the new semester. Could it be that this bird is a registered student?

Photobucket

Photobucket


I also found a bird I've never photographed before; a common tailorbird (Orthotomus sutorius). Thanks to Sandeep for helping me identify it.

Photobucket
Here it is looking for bugs to eat.

Photobucket
You can't really see the rufous crown on this birdy yet, and the tail is a bit short. However as it matures it'll look something like this.

These photos where taken with my brand new zoom attachment lens for the Sony H2. That, plus a tripod really help in taking birdy shots.