Monday, June 30, 2008

Genting Highlands Part I

My workplace was nice enough to sponsor a weekend getaway to Genting Highlands Theme Park for the entire office and their families. I didn't have anyone to take with me but that's all right, I had fun. We left last Friday night and spent Saturday and Sunday there. This post is going to be graphics-intensive, so apologies to those with slow internet connections.

Photobucket
Morning mist envelopes the peaks of the mountains.

Photobucket
You can see the theme park from the hotel.

Photobucket
This is the first ride I saw, but I didn't get on it since those chairs looked a tad flimsy.

Photobucket
The first ride I tried was the balloon-themed ferris wheel. It provided a view of the entire park.

Photobucket
The colourful building is the hotel we stayed in.

Photobucket
The corkscrew is the next ride I tried, and it was the first time I tried riding a roller coaster. It was awesome. I don't get the screaming though. Everyone seems to love screaming.

Photobucket
This is the Space Shot, where you get shot up at high speeds, then made to fall, over and over. This did not appeal to me, so I skipped that one. You can hear lots of screaming from there though.

No comments: